p2015 trouble code intake manifold runner sensor/switch?????

mikertdi

TDI
jetta tdi
got this trouble code on my 09 jetta tdi, my mechanic thinks i have to clean the intake manifold. does anyone have the same problems my car has 89k miles on it and runs good with the no signs of a problem thanks in advance for any help!!!

roccman

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Did you ever resolve this issue? Sorry to bring an old post back from the dead, but after hours of searching i cant find any info on this problem in the 09 engine. i cant even find anyone selling the part. my car has 65k and the same problem. from what i have found, the part causing the problem is "Intake Flap Motor V157 with Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor G336" its a combination part. There's a ton of info and parts for the 06 and older engines but almost nothing regarding the CBEA engine. Please let me know how it turned out with your car. From my understanding of this intake design, the motor controls flaps that open and close to maintain optimal swirl for this engines quiescent piston design. If anyone else knows an aftermarket or Non-dealer source for this part, your input is greatly appreciated.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
The flap motor and position sensor are not broken out into a separate part. It's about $250 for a new manifold. 03L129711E.

I would certainly test the device with computer and/or manual electrical diagnosis before condemning it.

roccman

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Thanks, Scanner gives P2015, Full voltage, V-ref, and a low resistance to ground are available at the connector. 4 ohms across motor winding. no flap cycling at shutdown. internal gears are movable by hand. It just seems wrong to replace the entire manifold if the motor goes bad. the fact that the motor is not open resistance throws me off. but bentley manual and all-data give me almost nothing on testing procedures.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
stripped plastic gears?

I say order one up have on hand with the idea that once you get your original off the engine you may be able to figure out a good fix for it, if not then you'll have the replacement. Take pics, cause this is going to be come more and more common.

Return the part if you can fix it yourself.

Anna Müll

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen / 2013 Beetle Convertible
I'm getting a P2015 code on my 2009 JSW tdi w/83k. Twice now, the indicator came on while it was idling (in a parking lot)

I also am not experiencing any loss of performance or MPG, so I clear the code and motor on. Am I crusin' for a mechanical brusin' ?

redtdi966

Veteran Member
TDI
09 B-graphite sedan 6-sp (Bridgewater- NJ)
2009 jetta tdi 99K HW miles, no problems so far, amazed that it uses -0-oil between 10K changes (FUCHs 10/30 Titan)

NOW:

1 Fault Found:
008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

looks like need to buy a new intake manifold, the fault is steady and cannot be reset by VCom

Newgene

Veteran Member
TDI
The flap motor and position sensor are not broken out into a separate part. It's about $250 for a new manifold. 03L129711E.

I would certainly test the device with computer and/or manual electrical diagnosis before condemning it.
Mine just started throwing this code (P2015). I called the local VW, and the only part number they could find was 03L129711E. So, I'm assuming this is the only fix for the problem.

I'm going to drive it and see if it comes back. It's happened twice now, but I have faith. :)

NH2013Jetta

TDI
2013 Jetta Sedan TDI
I just started getting this code on my 2013 Jetta TDI with 108k miles on it. Using an older OBD2 code reader (the software runs on Windows 2000 and XP if that helps date the unit) I can clear the code but it comes back in a couple of miles. The car seems a bit rough on start up these days but runs normal. But how can it be a manifold? Cracking? Bad gaskets?