gootie

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,05,white TIP
Here's how to turn the memory seat on:

1) Pull the seat all the way forward
2) Tilt the seat all the way forward
3) Tilt the seatback all the way forward

It still amazes me that VW dealers don't know how to do this.
Crazy crazy cars these VWs. I was cleaning under my 2017 Tiguan SEL driver's seat and in the process ran the seat all forward and up. I did not move seatback at all. On the next drive no seat memory. I just did the 3 positions full forward and memory capability is returned. Now can someone explain why my passenger side mirror has very limited movement in down position attempts and moving to the right. I had dealer replace mirror under warranty and there was no change. Drivers mirror has full movement in all directions. This problem has been there since I have owned(3 years)

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
So what do I do when I can't set new seat positions to memory. I put my seat and mirrors where I want. Press set. press memory button I want to assign and my seat goes back to the old memory again? Tried this "reset/activate" procedure put seat all way up forward ect..no chime nothing.

tocs

TDI
Golf R
So what do I do when I can't set new seat positions to memory. I put my seat and mirrors where I want. Press set. press memory button I want to assign and my seat goes back to the old memory again? Tried this "reset/activate" procedure put seat all way up forward ect..no chime nothing.
This is exactly the issue I'm facing - have you worked out a fix yet?

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
As of today the 25th of May, the answer is Nay. I just started my full-time hours a couple weeks ago so I am still adjusting to my earlier schedule. Plus two of those days our VW Master isn't in the shop and his brain is my next research destination!