Fuse panel diagram

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The "Glow plugs 2)" fuse is the coolant heater fuse. The cylinder glow plug fuse is in a holder snapped into the top of the relay and fuse block.
Also my 98 A3's lighter fuse is combined in fuse 21 with other items, not a separate, remotely mounted fuse.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I'm pretty sure the glow plugs 2) fuse refers to the cylinder glow plugs, and is located on the top of the fuse/relay block. The coolant glow plug fuse is a strip fuse located in the engine compartment along the rear firewall.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
roni024 said:
I'm pretty sure the glow plugs 2) fuse refers to the cylinder glow plugs, and is located on the top of the fuse/relay block. The coolant glow plug fuse is a strip fuse located in the engine compartment along the rear firewall.
...which would be "in the engine compartment above the brake booster" now, wouldn't it?:rolleyes:

The 80 amp fuse for the cylinder glow plugs is mounted inside, above the fuse and relay panel. The 50 amp fuse for the coolant heaters (which VW also calls "glow plugs") is outside, in the engine bay.

hendomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
None At the moment
Where can one get the 50 amp strip fuse? My current fuse(pardon the pun) is looking rather stressed and the little box its sitting in has some heat damage as well.

I've been wasting my time looking for fusible links.... strip fuse.. whoda thunk.

:)

Thanks

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
That fuse is a dealer part, but it costs less than $2. The box is, from what I understand, pricy and difficult to R&R.