2.5 S/S Exaust System

Zwei Bora Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I had my 2001 with Oetinger chip mufflerized. I like the sound and power improvements. I would like to order a complete system from the cat back. The problem is of course the Germans don't do a lot of fab work like the folks from the U.S. Anybody have an idea where I could order a 2.5 inch system from? I would need to have it cut into at least 2 sections, to clear the APO and of course to clear the rear end. I am not a big fan of the DTM tips, or those friggin coffee cans the the import punks drive. I just want a nice clean stainless steel system. The dude I had work this for me was in a rush and I would like a professional looking system.

2xBora Tdi, Oettinger Chip, Paper Filter, Mufflerectomy, 18x8 Borbet w/Goodyear F-1's

DannyS

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Audi SQ5 TDI
Hi Bora squared,

I cannot fully remember where Stuttgart is located
, but if it's near Holland (near Assen, where those TT bike-races are) you could try EPS exhausts systems. They have experience with it!

This might be an interesting link for you US guys too!!!!
Have a look!

Their site web page

Click the 'Uitlaten' button on top of screen. Select the VW from the manufacturer selectbox. Click 'turbodiesel' and watch the photo's. It's Dutch, if you need english trans. let me know.

BTW: Use netscape or IE explorer 5+

...Danny

DannyS

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Audi SQ5 TDI
BTW,

Select manufacturer 'Seat' instead of VW and you'll see 2 more pics of an applicated exhaust system.

Mounted on a Seat Ibiza 110 HP TDI. (BTW That guy claims having gained 15 km/h extra top speed. Don't think he's right 'bout that. Would imply 20+ More HP due exhaust mod... He did remove his CAT though.

...Danny

indigo99golf

I have a 2.50" tektonics exhaust, all stainless cat back, with a borla muffler on my 99 TDI, very good fit, I highly recomend it. My first system was on a 83 GTI, and it was very good too. Try it you will like it. They are located in Sheridan, Oregon. Don't know about shipping charges to where you live??? 1FSTVW

DannyS

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Audi SQ5 TDI
Guys,

Don't forget this guy lives in Germany

At EPS he can have his entire exhaust system created as HE wishes it to be
! He can also hear the different possibilities with silencers and stuff

Diving to the Netherlands takes at most 5 hours for him (Unlimited speed at the German autobahn
!). So if he can't find anything similar in Germany it's a great option.

I assume Tek-tronics is alike EPS (Thomas, I've read your thread on this), but not located in Europe...

...Danny

TDIdude

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DannyS:
BTW,

Select manufacturer 'Seat' instead of VW and you'll see 2 more pics of an applicated exhaust system.

Mounted on a Seat Ibiza 110 HP TDI. (BTW That guy claims having gained 15 km/h extra top speed. Don't think he's right 'bout that. Would imply 20+ More HP due exhaust mod... He did remove his CAT though.

...Danny
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi DannyS

That 15kmh extra top speed gain is complete rubbish because the Ibiza TDI110 is very limited top-speed because of a relatively short 5th gear..
I mean my car is stock and going straight it reads about 205-210kmh on the speedo and it is almost redlining (4.500-4.600RPM) and going downhill it surpasses the 220kmh mark..

Anyway, on the Supersprint exhaust catalog they claim a 4.9 flywheel hp gain on a stock TDI110 by installing a complete exhaust-system without cat..so now i´m a bit sceptical on huge exhaust power gains..

Rui

Zwei Bora Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Thanks everyone! I had the wife sit in the car and she hates the mufflerectomy
I really like the way it hits up top, but do miss the bit of midrange that seems to have vanished. I will save my nickels now, since she spotted the stainless steel pipe and asked what the hell I had done. Then she heard the noise and was pissed. I will get the new pipe soon. I guess since I cut it off I can get a new one to replace it!