Does anyone know what this code means? 00943

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
I had my car hooked up to a computer this weekend and this code came up for the mirrors. I am looking for help. Both mirrors have a code for them.

tdi_allan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 Jetta Sedan (Lemons racer), 2010 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
I had my car hooked up to a computer this weekend and this code came up for the mirrors. I am looking for help. Both mirrors have a code for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have any documentation to back this up, but I seem to remember that heated mirrors will throw a code when they are burned up (no longer heated /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) I can't imagine what other kind of mirror codes there could be.

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
If that is the case does anyone know how to replace and where is the best place to get them? /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
There are various places to get them online, i believe that they run around $20 per mirror. To remove: point the glass out (away from car) as far as it will go. Get fingers behing mirror. Pull off. No screws, just plastic tabs.

Two small spade connectors supply the power.

Now, i've had my mirrors burn out too, and it was my faut, b/c i left them on all the time. When the mirror switch is in the middle posistion, its on heat. There is no overheat protection, and they get hot. So when you don't want heat, leave the selector on 'L' /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
[ QUOTE ]
Now, i've had my mirrors burn out too, and it was my faut, b/c i left them on all the time. When the mirror switch is in the middle posistion, its on heat. There is no overheat protection, and they get hot. So when you don't want heat, leave the selector on 'L' /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif I was under the impression that the mirror heat was only on when the rear window defroster was turned on. I cannot imagine that VW would engineer a component to be in an active/on state when a switch is in a neutral/non-functioning position. I have owned other vehicles with heated mirrors and they were only heated when the rear window defroster was turned on.

Now I have to go down to the parking garage and look at my owners manual for this one.

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
It depends on the year and model whether the mirrors are wired through the rear window defroster button. My '01 Jetta GLS is not. I've heard Golfs may have been in that year. It also depends on GL vs GLS.