G12 coolant

Schmoky

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI, PP520 Nozzles,
I just spent the last hour reading up on the coolant for my 2003 Jetta. I know I have to use the G12 or G12+ . I need to install my Frostheater and will need to top off the antifreeze. My problem is where do I get it. Any place besides the stealerships? My closest stealership is 600 MILES. (Or I could drain some from my neighbours Jetta.) Schmoky

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
I just bought a gallon from Impex last week, and even with how high shipping costs are to send liquids, they were only $2-$3 more than one local dealership and $2-$3 less than another local dealership when it was all said and done. And if you're not under a time deadline, it's a heckuva lot more convenient having it delivered to your front door.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
He's probably a little too far away to be ordering something too.

You might just have to either take the drive or get someone whos close to mail it to you or drive and meet.

JetBlu

TDI
2002 Jetta
I just installed my frost heater this weekend. I used a clamp on the hose on the side closest to the oil cooler. when I pulled off the hoses and immediately put on the other hoses, starting with the bottom hose, I lost very little coolant. Before I started I thought I had a whole bottle of coolant but found out later I had less than half a bottle. I did not even need that much. So, If you only lose a little I would just top off with Distilled water, and order a bottle of coolant today to have when you may need.

Schmoky

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI, PP520 Nozzles,
I asked at Napa and they sent me out of town to a guy that works on VW. Only had a few mintures to talk to him but he stocks G12 so I picked up a quart. I asked him about timing belts and he seemed to have all the right answers, so I might end up taking it to him in the spring for the timing belt. He wants $500 for parts I said I would get them myself. He figures about 6 hours to to the belt. Sounds a little long but not to far off. The good news is I might have found someone closer than 600 miles to work on my car, and I can install my frostheater now. Schmoky