Stage 2 tune and clutch

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
So I sent an email to oldpoopie asking where to do local tunes, and he suggested this great place called Cascade German, and got myself a Malone Stage 2! The 20 mile drive back home was SO MUCH FUN. And I thought it was fun just putting in the DLC520's.

Now I did install a brand new SMF kit (Valeo) about a year ago, and for the most part don't drive my car hard. I've read that Valeo were on the lower end of upgraded clutches from the DMF's, but I was being cheap at the time.

When driving, I can't tell if what I'm getting is turbo spiking causing a temporary power surge, or if my clutch is slipping a little. But essentially, in either 4th or 5th, bout 2k rpms (and associated speed), if I stomp on it, it accelerates quickly, but the RPMs raise quickly for the first 200 or so, then slows down but keeps going up. The RPMs never go down like it's finally catching the clutch. Just want some two cents on it for peace of mind.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
In case anyone was wondering, the valeo clutch is definitely slipping. More so noticeable if you stomp on it in any gear higher than 2. I'll be getting the South Bend 2 daily here next week.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Good decision, they make a clutch that will handle that Stage 2 just fine and shouldn't be real pricey.
I put an RC-2 on my old 99.5 all stock and was quite surprised at the performance.