Beware first post... big project! TDI XJ

Olsenkmark

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hello. I hope this is the right place to post as I don’t want to disturb the veterans LOL…

I am in need of some help with my swap project. I am working with a 2004 BEW. I am stripping it down and placing the motor into my 2000 Jeep XJ. I know this has been done before but it sounded like a fun project.

Currently what I have pulled from the donor.

Fully dressed motor (on engine stand now)
Pedal assembly and pigtail
ECU
Full engine harness
Partial (about 12”) of the chassis harness pigtail
Turbo actuator plug (was not part of the engine harness)
Glow plug relay and about 12” of wire (will have to splice it in)

Still need...

Main relay I was told... where is this?

Other stuff?

I am no wiring expert but will do my best and can’t wait to gain some experience! I saw a post about an ALH but haven’t seen a link to any BEW wiring for a Jeep etc etc

ManicMechanic

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf, 00 Golf, 02 Beetle
Welcome to the Forum. There are 2 main relays for the ecm one of them is the power supply relay number 109 and it is in position 12 on the thirteen position relay carrier above the main relay carrier and the other is the load reduction relay number 100 position 2 located on the main panel. Both the main relay panel and the thirteen position relay panel are located above your left foot when you are sitting in the car.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Look in my signature for the wiring tools you can make for the plugs. You'll need a set.
I didn't see that you pulled the cluster to match the ECU or TCU for the transmission.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk