VW DieselGate - What action are you taking if any?

What action are you taking?

• Hire a Lawyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Join a class action

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Wait and see what VW offers

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

mc4nam

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Dsg
I realize there is a long thread that has some of these answers but was hoping for something a little more concise..hence the poll.
I am curious what specific course of action fellow affected VW diesel owners are taking if any?
1. Hiring a Lawyer Yourself? (Have you already?)
2. Joining a Class Action? (Have you already? If so which one?)
3. Wait and see what VW offers and decide if you want to do option one or two then?
4. Nothing - Just accept what VW offers and move on.
Thanks for the input.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
#5 . . . I am enjoying the car, and trying to ignore that which does not affect me . . . IE this entire poo flinging contest . . . When there are actual facts and a plan, then I might begin to care . . . until then, not enough information to even begin make a decision.

- Tim

mc4nam

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Dsg
#5 . . . I am enjoying the car, and trying to ignore that which does not affect me . . . IE this entire poo flinging contest . . . When there are actual facts and a plan, then I might begin to care . . . until then, not enough information to even begin make a decision.

- Tim
Actually you seem to fit into #3. Which is where I expect most of us to be right now.

turboBear

TDI
2013 Golf TDI (sold back to VW 2016/12/28)
FWIW, I'm driving and maintaining my car as normal. Mostly. VW just paid for a major service and new tires, and stuff.

I simply don't see any point in wondering or waiting.

It's like Luke Skywalker was told by Yoda, paraphrasing, "focus on the car you have today, not on the car the legislators want you to think you have next decade"

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Actually you seem to fit into #3. Which is where I expect most of us to be right now.
Nope, since options 1 and 2 are parasitic, and I would never go there . . .

My choices will be likely limited to:

1) Do the fix
2) Ignore it and motor on

I will not seek compensation for something that has done me no harm.

- Tim

Last edited: