airbag light on, no horn or any steering wheel buttons working

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have a 2002 Jetta with the Multi function steering wheel. When my horn and steering wheel buttons stopped working along with the airbag light being I found here on the forum that it is most likely the clockspring. Well, I replaced the clockspring with a brand new one yesterday but I still have the same problem. What is the next likely culprit for this problem? Any advise is appreciated...

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
There is a one saying DIAGNOSTIC, before you putting parts over and over car needs to be diagnose properly.
Like was mention above , first you need to see what codes you have in Airbag.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Even if the new one has solved the problem you will still need the VCDS to clear the codes, air bag codes won't clear on their own.

TDI
2002 Jetta
I understand what all of you are saying that it should be diagnosed properly to figure out the problem. However, I don't have a diagnostic tool available and I am currently mainly concerned with the horn not working. Here in Hawaii you need your horn to work to get your safety sticker, which I have to get by the end of this month. If I don't have it, I'll get a fine if I get caught driving. So, for the time being I was hoping someone who had the same problem could point out something I could look into that could fix this horn for me so I can take the proper steps to correct the underlying problem once I get my safety.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Only thing I can think is to check the fuses. I am not sure if all of those things are on the same line or not but it seems like it might be an issue.

TDI
2002 Jetta
all the fuses are good. Could it be the 451 relay? Could a faulty relay cause the airbag light as well or is that just for the steering wheel controls?