EFT to a defunct business / corporate lease

NeverAgain4VW

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Am I the only person in the country with this problem?
1) Car was leased under a company name [I was CEO]
2) Company is no longer in business and has no business bank account

VW can't figure out how to pay me. I turned in my leased Passat on 3/20-today is 3/28 and supposedly my issue has been 'escalated'. All I've received is a receipt saying my claim is closed.

I need to be paid to my personal account. The alternative is a ridiculous one...reincorporate or DBA the out of business company again just to be able to open a bank account.

VW states that although during the claim I provided sufficient documentation to 'transact on behalf of an entity', the payment component is somehow totally different.
And before anyone asks, yes, I explained this in agonizing detail to every person at every step of the process and was assured (even on the day I turned in the vehicle) by everyone, including the rep at the dealership on the date of turn in, that everything would be fine and as long as my email was the right email, I'd get an email from Chase and just had to put my banking info in.

Spoke with class counsel this morning...pending reply.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Class counsel is probably your best bet, but you might also try emailing claims resolution at crc@vwcourtsettlement.com. They're set up to resolve special circumstances.

Have some patience though; this may take a few weeks even if it goes smoothly.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Too late now, but you would have avoided all problems by buying out the lease, selling the car to a trusted friend and then splitting the buyback profit.