05 Passat electrical issue. need TDI expert

tlib

TDI
PASSET
My brake light came on with alarm sounding and will not go off while driving. My turn signals do not work but the hazards do work when selected. My head lights do not work. Is there a relay or control module these are all tied this problem? and is there any print that shows component location and replacement procedures?

tlib

TDI
PASSET
I will check this out, however I'm not sure where it lives in my 2005. I know you said under the seat however there are several pics on you tube that show it located at the steering column area and under the carpet on drivers side. I will investigate when I get home. If this is bad do I have to get from VW dealer?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
If it turns out to be your problem buy one off a forum member, get one from a junk yard, they interchange easily. Match the part number. Be nice if you had vag-com or know some one who does.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Just noticed you're in MD. I've got VCDS if you're anywhere near Baltimore.

tlib

TDI
PASSET
I figured I would try the ignition switch first. When I got to it to remove the connector I found the wires burnt, connector melted, and what appears to be arching between the contactson the switch. I picked up a switch but need to get a new connector/pigtail to wire in. I found one on amazon and will order today. Hopefully there is not any thing that caused this wire meltdown other than this switch. Thank you for feed back and I will let you know how this works out. T.lib in Annapolis, MD.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I was about to say, almost sounds like the load reduction circuit isn't powering up correctly. Usually either ends up being the relay or the ignition switch when that happens..