Where to get AC clutch kit these days?

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Not true. Some good second hand parts to be found on Ebay.de! Just don't get Chinese crap.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Thanks for the advice everyone!

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
So I checked out that polar bear site and they don't seem to have a complete kit for the SD7V16, for those who got them on ebay. Who did you go with?

Thank You

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I'd get a clutch and coil from the JY. You can probably buy the whole compressor for $50 or less. The ABA compressors are the same.

When I was searching for the same, I contacted an eBay seller all the A4 guys were getting their clutches from. If you have a Chinese compressor, there's no guarantee the "approved" kits will work.

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I second Todd's comment, I can buy a working JY compressor for less than $25, all four cylinder B4/Mk3 compressors are the same, ABA and AHU. They built a lot of Mk3's and typically there's at least one in the local JY. The same goes for PS pumps too.

Steve

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay thanks guys. It's odd, the AC compressor that came with the car did not have a clutch on it, I bought another compressor from the yard I think and it also did not have the clutch. Just kind of funny.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Strange... does your yard normally pull stuff apart like that?

Why did you buy it, if the clutch was missing?

-Todd

206danebmx

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta TDI wagon
The clutch on my compressor went out, and as others said I just picked up a used one from a junkyard. Should be able to find some good used ones.