Audi A3 Dieselgate -- Info

26point2

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI SLine P+
I have my buyback appointment set for 28Nov16 at 10am. Picking up a 2017 Q3 the same morning.

As far as my dealership, it looks like the only turn in dates are on Mondays, and there are only 2 times, 10am and 11am. Mine, as far as I can tell, will be their first.

I opted for the paper check as you get it same day. My bank (USAA) said they would have no problem clearing it the same day.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Same deal with my dealership, except Wednesdays. My '17 TTS hit port on Saturday, so though I'm a little nervous, I'm likely going to just buy it outright next week and park the TDI until the day of reckoning.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Same deal with my dealership, except Wednesdays. My '17 TTS hit port on Saturday, so though I'm a little nervous, I'm likely going to just buy it outright next week and park the TDI until the day of reckoning.
My replacement is currently sitting at the dealer waiting for me to finalize the paperwork. I was hoping to be done with the Audi by now, but looks like I'll just park it and drive the new car. Luckily I'm in a position to float both cars, other people might not be so lucky.

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
I received an e-mail today stating my documents have been reviewed and a determination will be made shortly. I wonder if I can turn the car in as is, or do I need to have the DPF and emissions crap put back on

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
I received an e-mail today stating my documents have been reviewed and a determination will be made shortly. I wonder if I can turn the car in as is, or do I need to have the DPF and emissions crap put back on
why not keep it, if i may ask? seems like you've got a pretty kick*** A3!

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
why not keep it, if i may ask? seems like you've got a pretty kick*** A3!
Thanks, yea it's a great car. I've been a single man my whole life and now I'm getting close to getting married and need to buy a larger house and the other vehicles I absolutely need, so the A3 more than likely will have to go. It's a bummer

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I wonder if I can turn the car in as is, or do I need to have the DPF and emissions crap put back on
As long as it can run under its own power, it should be fine. The emissions stuff might affect whether they decide to fix and sell the car or just crush it, but that wouldn't change your outcome. I haven't seen anyone report having actually turned in a car in this condition, but the settlements are pretty clear that condition of the car doesn't matter as long as it runs.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I faxed back the 7 notarized pages last week wed or thur.. they're saying if you fax it back its a 2 week wait to hear back from them so that you can schedule an appointment. I'm not planning on selling back until mid Jan anyway. But I'm expecting to hear back from them by next week.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Happy Thanksgiving.

Any updates from anyone?
And to you. Nothing new here. Picked up my TTS. Just waiting to hear back from the dealership to see if I can drop off the TDI off now rather than drive it in the day of the transfer. Otherwise, just seems a matter of waiting it it out.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Any updates?

I still haven't received my offer yet. New car is already purchased, so the Audi is just sitting in the driveway for now.

Status hasn't changed yet.

They received my notarized documents and it still states those documents are under review since Nov 26th.

I'm thinking sometime this week that might change :)

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Received an updated email today..

Final documents have been accepted and its allowing me to schedule a date at my local Audi dealer... Looks like the earliest its giving me is Dec 21st and there are at least 6 time slots available.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Got my email offer today. Spot on from one of the online calculators. I'll print it and get it notarized tomorrow.

:D

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
The claims department must be working overtime. I received my acceptance letter at 8:11 this evening. I have scheduled my buyback date for 12/23.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon

redblues

TDI
Audi A3, Mk6 Golf
Does anyone know if you would still qualify for the $1k Audi loyalty discount and $5k Takata airbag loyalty rebate on top of the TDI turn in?

My plan is to use the 6% ACNA discount plus the $6k in the above rebates, add in the TDI buy back and should net a pretty good deal on something nice.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
Does anyone know if you would still qualify for the $1k Audi loyalty discount and $5k Takata airbag loyalty rebate on top of the TDI turn in?

My plan is to use the 6% ACNA discount plus the $6k in the above rebates, add in the TDI buy back and should net a pretty good deal on something nice.
$5k Takata rebate? this is news to me... details, please

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
My car is officially gone. Handed it over the morning. Very simple process and handed me the check. Long live the TDI.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I cancelled my Dec 28th buyback appointment..... I feel like I'm not ready yet.. I really enjoy driving this little turd. I already sold my winter wheels for the A3 so I'll be using the 4runner when dealing with snow... after its plowed I'll use the A3 a bit longer.