p0321-Crankshaft position sensor (where is it?)

MikeWr75

TDI
2003 golf tdi
I have a 2003 golf tdi. Getting the 0321 code & the symptoms that go along with. Stalling, will not start. Pretty sure I need to change the CPS. Just not sure where it is. Is it done the back of the engine on the right hand side? (looking from the front) Thanks

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
DR. Volks here it is a to the right of the oil filter hosing down near the pan rail and next to the end of the block. It has a gray connector.
Bob Mann

Black00Jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Black 5spd
You can order a new dipstick tube from IDParts for $5. Just replaced mine last Sunday. Boiled some water and put the tube in it for about 15 seconds and it snapped right on.

richmondvatdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 5-speed,2003 Jetta GL Wagon, 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 2013 CC 2.0T
If you own a VW, you should keep a brand new one in the trunk at all times. They are cheap insurance and never seem to break at a convenient time.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
In an emergency, you can improvise by wrapping the end of a Sharpie with a piece of cotton cloth and then jam it in the hole.......Also, JB Weld will work .......... as with any other application, got to get it clean!

Key words: "In an emergency" (meaning you need your car until the replacement dip-stick tube comes)!

H2O2H

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
Temp sol'n?
Aluminum foil folded several times and a metal tie or stong zip tie to lock and hold in place, snug/secure.

When u get a new tube, place over hole, align, and hit tap straight down with ruber mallet, until it fails further down into final position. You will feel it fall and stop.