www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old Yesterday, 19:37   #5341
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW View Post
Hi all,

I got my offer today, but it's $1,150 lower than what was provided in the CBB value estimator when I checked it a couple of weeks ago ...

Is anyone else's value different? if so, are you accepting the offer or can we appeal/argue this amount?
Was your offer via telephone or on the website? Call Ricepoint to see what mileage you need to get to the higher payout. If you can, delay your appointment and park the vehicle for a month or so.
tobianogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:54   #5342
haunruh
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42.6 mpg Cdn (= 35.5 US) mostly city

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
At what point in the process was this? Before, or after the offer? We submitted our signed offer a week ago and are still waiting for the document to be validated. We also paid cash for the car, no loans. We're doing a trade in. Frustrating, because our new wagon has been at the dealer for over a week, we ordered it in January. Yet some folks here submit their signed offer and get their appointment a day later.
Before the offer.
2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison PPE Programmer
1969 Mercury Cougar Eliminator (original owner) website: http://harrya.webs.com
haunruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:59   #5343
GSW

TDI(s): GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobianogreg View Post
Was your offer via telephone or on the website? Call Ricepoint to see what mileage you need to get to the higher payout. If you can, delay your appointment and park the vehicle for a month or so.
It has been parked for a few months already

k, I will get in touch w/ them next Mon/Tue
GSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:23   #5344
Divedeputy

TDI(s): 2011 2.0

Quote:
Hi all,

I got my offer today, but it's $1,150 lower than what was provided in the CBB value estimator when I checked it a couple of weeks ago ...

Is anyone else's value different? if so, are you accepting the offer or can we appeal/argue this amount?
Interesting, mine was close to that as well so I called my dealer who said he'd speak with Ricepoint about it. I took a screenshot of the higher offer so at least have some proof that it did happen, but it is interesting yours was lowballed as well.

I say hold out and see what they say, a few more days waiting is easily worth $1K.
Divedeputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:25   #5345
Divedeputy

TDI(s): 2011 2.0

Quote:
Can't be ... I entered a higher mileage (by 1000km) in the online calculator, yet the quote was higher (by $1,150).

When doing the actual form, i entered the correct mileage which was lower than what I had entered in the online calculator. The quote should have at least stayed the same, but I am surprised it's lower.
I did exactly the same thing as you so it doesn't make any sense.
Divedeputy is offline   Reply With Quote