Problems with the VNT Actuator Fix

nhkayaker17

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
Went to a junkyard and picked up a VNT actuator. I tested it and it's leaking. I fixed it with silicone and now it holds vacuum. Now I can't seem to get the old one off. I can't even get past removing the oil line to the turbo. I'm using a 17mm flare wrench but when I turn it, it won't break free from the oil line so it's twisting and kinking the line. How do I get the line to break free from the nut? I've tried using break free and no change. Has anyone else ad this problem?

For the record. I'm really starting to hate this car and VW. I can't believe that they'd predicate the life of the turbo on the rubber gasket of a bolt-on part. That blows my mind and destroys any confidence I have in VW.

Kyle7713

TDI
2006 Jetta
Might have to break the other end of the line loose to allow it to spin in relation to the b but what little bit it can. With a seized fitting like that is just a big risk ether way you go.
I feel your pain, few thing on these cars could have been made a bit simpler to ensure a longer life and easier servicing, they a built for the dealership to do all the work not the ower...

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
12 year old car, and your slagging them for a rubber failure..... give your head a shake.

Lots of releaseall, and maybe some heat to loosen it up.

thzpcs

TDI
2008 Golf TDI
I'd suggest taking craig's advice in getting it off. There's no real reason you shouldn't be able to get it off with a bit of work. That being said, if you're worried about it, picking up an OEM part might be worth it to you.