Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Jberes95

TDI
2004 golf gl tdi
Any reputable mechanics in Ohio?

I’m new to these forums and was just curious if there were any reputable TDI mechanics in Ohio around the Columbus area.. just have to say these forums saved me yesterday when my 109 relay went out, I have never owned a Diesel engine vehicle before, I got on here and had to go through a couple of unnecessary steps but I finally found the problem! So big thank you to these forums

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I’m new to these forums and was just curious if there were any reputable TDI mechanics in Ohio around the Columbus area.. just have to say these forums saved me yesterday when my 109 relay went out, I have never owned a Diesel engine vehicle before, I got on here and had to go through a couple of unnecessary steps but I finally found the problem! So big thank you to these forums
MOGolf, I believe free lances, I was never able to get him to work on mine.
Jon Hamilton (jonsautocare) in Marysville is who I use. Worth the drive.

Brett Fairbanks is good, in Columbus.

cowgirl007

TDI
2003 Jetta GL 143k miles Original Owner
Updates?

When was the list last updated? Leonard Harview of Wild Rose Motors told me he retired a year ago.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
When was the list last updated? Leonard Harview of Wild Rose Motors told me he retired a year ago.

If the man says he's retired he should know. Maybe he never made contact to get deleted or he never got any business that he was aware of . Maybe you were the first to contact him since retirement and it had just slipped his mind.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
That's sad -- he was one of the good ones. And he hosted many excellent GTGs.

I'm only guessing but I suspect his very successful business turned down when he moved from a small low-overhead shop in Fullerton (Orange County) to a fancier shop in Los Angeles County. The last time I saw him he complained about the numerous inspectors who showed up every week to see if he was violating any ordinances. I told him he ought to move to a different/better state.

njgolftdi1

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE
Hi All, I recently bought a 2015 Golf TDI SE (DSG Transmission), and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for local shops in NJ (preferably Northern NJ) to use for service intervals? I recently got my 30k service done at a dealer which was a brake fluid flush, oil change, and fuel filter, and want to avoid them for the big 40k service. Also, any other recommendations for line items I should or shouldn't have done would be much appreciated. They mentioned about the air filter and dust & pollen filter, in addition to the DSG service of course (they quoted me $399 for just the DSG, then $80 for the air filter and $80 for the dust and pollen).

Any other info I should know would be really appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
XGM located in Hamilton,Ont Canada... Pat is the owner great honest down to earth guy to deal with. and very reasonable repair costs go hand in hand there. i was there a week ago for my A/C on my TDI problem with it was it was not blowing cold enough Pat hooked up his A/C machine & did a proper Top up with R134 and now its almost blowing too cold. LOL charged me $75.00 well worth going there. Best place in town to go for repaires :) https://canada247.info/explore/onta.../hannon_west/xgm-automotive-905-667-5348.html

TDISlowroller

TDI
MK6 Golf
New old car...

OMG I love this car.
2013 manual with 130k in it.

I'm still looking through the past posts but if anyone can recommend a service guy for the big stuff in SoCal that would be mucho appreciated.
Thanks for any help.

PhxJettaTDI10

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Update to vendor list in Phoenix, AZ

Hey just wanted to give an update for the list - in Arizona the shop listed as Exklusiv Motorsports, LLC is no longer around. The owner apparently sold or merged the business with this shop below and he is here now:

AutoBahn Motorwerks
2001 W. Cheryl Dr., Suite B3
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(623)435-6989
info@autobahnmotorwerxs.net
https://autobahnmotorwerks.net/
https://www.facebook.com/AutobahnMotorwerksAZ/

Great guys that I got to meet as a new VW owner (two weeks ago a 2010 Jetta TDI), Gary, Michael and Chris.
I've only been to these guys twice so far, first to do a DSG service and fuel filter, then to diagnose and replace the fuel temperature sensor and hose. I do most of my own DIY work on my older Land Cruiser, I'm not ignorant to engines or these small maintenance and repair items, but I went to learn from talking to these guys and they answered all of my questions. In talking with one of them they all drive TDIs and know that subject very well.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update on a previously-endorsed shop in Phoenix.

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
East Coast Eurowerks
Wilmington NC

https://www.eceurowerks.com/

Had a very good experience with the guys. I couldn't find anyone closer to me to change out my flywheel on the 09 Jetta. They were about 2 hrs away and I didnt want to go to VW dealership. I communicated via email and told them what I needed done. They quoted a price around $100 cheaper than the dealership and they guarantee their work for 3yrs/36,000 miles.

Arrived there early this morning and hung out till the job was completed. Very happy with the work. Will use them again for any job that I can't handle myself.
Thank you East Coast Eurowerks.

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
Anyone have a good guru in the Vegas area? I see Wolf DMS on the list from post 1...but a search shows a post from 3 years ago someone saying they couldn't find them anymore...curious if that's true and the list is out dated? Or if that person wasn't correct.

I'm military and moving to the Vegas area and want to have a shop in mind if my ALH needs any love while I'm there.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Anyone have a good guru in the Vegas area? I see Wolf DMS on the list from post 1...but a search shows a post from 3 years ago someone saying they couldn't find them anymore...curious if that's true and the list is out dated? Or if that person wasn't correct.

I'm military and moving to the Vegas area and want to have a shop in mind if my ALH needs any love while I'm there.
Nope, but you might find someone with VCDS VAG-COM in the Vegas area. Try this link: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296841

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Well this thread was intended for presentation of the map/list. Most what you'll find is requests for help.
But all forum search engines are poor, use an advanced search (just add site:wherever) or use this user contributed google hack-
VW TDI Search Engine

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Bob gave the answer but when I read it I couldn't exactly get what he said. For us less educated go to the first post. Where it says click here, do that to the list by state or the map list.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
Well this thread was intended for presentation of the map/list. Most what you'll find is requests for help.
But all forum search engines are poor, use an advanced search (just add site:wherever) or use this user contributed google hack-
VW TDI Search Engine
Thanks for the resurrection of that search hack, it's a great addition to searching that I lost a long time ago. Should be helpful to many. Do you remember the TDI club member that put that together? I remember the original, but don't remember who wrote it.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the resurrection of that search hack, it's a great addition to searching that I lost a long time ago. Should be helpful to many. Do you remember the TDI club member that put that together? I remember the original, but don't remember who wrote it.

Ha! Nevermind, I found the original poster via that exact search engine.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_tid=447123&share_fid=6491&share_type=t

VW TDI Search Engine

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
Hey, has anyone ever used Diesel Fuel Systems in Bangor, Maine? https://www.dieselfuelsystems.com

I am looking to have some new nozzles installed, balanced, and tested. I know, there are lots of great vendors on here, but just poking around locally. Bangor is about an hour north of me.

I spoke with Herm in Richmond, Maine earlier this summer and he has retired from wrenching...

marcoforehand

TDI
2005 jetta 5spd, 2013 Beetle dsg, 02 Jeeta 5spd retired after 300K+
Green Road Inc WEST CHESTER PA should be removed from list
He has closed down.
He was a nice enough guy, although he did fail to return a pair of power leather seats I had in his garage as he had promised.
Plus any of the major work he did has gotten bad reviews from the mechanics that have looked at it since. (meaning I had to have it redone)
Which is to say, this list is out of date and any listing of this sort should be approached with some skepticism.