'06 Jetta TDI timing belt kit?

JD's 06 tdi

TDI
06 jetta and 06 cummins
Looking at buying an '06 jetta TDI. Do I need to worry about timing belt issues? If so, at what mileage should I expect this? And are there any after market kits for an '06 that last longer than factory? Thanks for your help,
~Jen

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
It is due a timing belt at 90k miles. No aftermarket upgrade for a longer life. You also need someone the check the cam. There is an issue for cam wear. Look at the car specific forum for details Figure 7-8 hundred for a timing belt, 1200 to 1500 for the cam. DSG flywheel and stock clutches have had problems as well. Get all the service history you can get on the car, make sure proper oil was used. Find a trusted tdi guy in your area for help. Good luck and welcome to the tdi club.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Timing belt interval is actually 100K, although many people change it a 10K early. I wouldn't hestitate to go to 100K in a stock car, however.

Cams are a wear item on these cars, and the kit costs about $900 with labor running a few hundred dollars, as shown above. If you replace the cam with the TB you'll save some labor. But don't assume you need it by mileage alone: get someone to inspect the cam for wear.

Use mtbr297's numbers to negotiate on purchase and save a few $$.