Help! Confusing low beam problem.

TDI
2004 Passat TDI

So here are the wires I was talking about I know it's not the best picture but my phone I was dying and I'm tired as hell from work. I think you can still see where the wire coating has basically fallen off or probably been rubbed off considering it's in the same place on all four wires and I'm guessing this is the main culprit of the whole problem.

TDI
2004 Passat TDI
Okay so I recoated the rest of the wiring that I had access to on the driver's side then tried the bulb. Nothing. So I went in tore off the intake ducts on the passenger side and removed all the hid conversion as I did on the passenger. Plugged the second H7 bulb and holy **** did I finally have low beams again. I'm totally pumped thanks guys. I don't hate cops but I hate being pulled over.

TDI
2004 Passat TDI
So I went in and coated all the messed up wires waited a few minutes and coated them again and repeated until I felt it was time to try a bulb and the new 10 amp fuse. Nothing. I wanted to give up but I went in and tore out the air intake ducts and did the same on the passenger side. Well I'll be damned if luck didn't decide to bestow on me tonight. Bingo. I'm ecstatic.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
BTW - I believe that is one of the headlights that VW (and I'm sure aftermarket) sells new wire kits for inside the headlamp.

Jason

TDI
2004 Passat TDI
BTW - I believe that is one of the headlights that VW (and I'm sure aftermarket) sells new wire kits for inside the headlamp.

Jason
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go ahead and go with that because these wires apparently weren't made to withstand heat and they're just cracking apart.