www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old October 25th, 2018, 09:20   #6841
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert View Post
Thanks for the reply. I hope it will go well. Please do keep us posted.
I dropped it off Tuesday morning and by Wednesday afternoon it was ready. The rental was a Dodge Charger. Ugh.

Performance is more or less the same with a bit of extra noise from the engine. Nothing intrusive, just noticeable.
The Tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 00:35   #6842
xpert

I am glad it worked for you! Thanks for sharing. The problem may be only with Passats according to my dealer. I had to do the oil change and I was told that they cannot do any Passats at this time. One of the parts is not available. I have to call from time to time to inquire if the missing part has become available.

So: anyone with a Passat that had Phase 2 performed lately?
xpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:51   #6843
robertgalka
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert View Post
So: anyone with a Passat that had Phase 2 performed lately?
I had a 2015 Passat done last week.
robertgalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2018, 23:42   #6844
Wildrabbit79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
Mine is going under the knife next Tuesday and I haven't heard anything. When I booked the appointment he did comment that I was lucky it was a Golf because parts for other models are back-ordered.
Just had our 2015 Sportwagen done.
Noticed performance drop off. Severe lag in throttle response, at all speeds. That was eliminated and working fine after phase 1 correction.
Power managed different, I don't like it.
Engine noise much louder, especially under full throttle.
Fuel mileage similar. Gobbles up DEF fluid.
Be aware that, on some of the modifications, the sub frame is taken apart, as well as the right lower control arm.
A front end alignment will be required. My wife came home from the dealer, and I took note of how the driver side wheel was pointing. When I went to the right side of the car the wheel was pointing the other way. That's when I called the dealer and found out the car frame was taken apart.
The dealer then booked another appointment. An alignment was made. The vehicle was way in the red.
The steering wheel was off to the left, asked for that to be fixed, and was not centered.
At least the alignment is correct now. Have to back again to get the steering wheel aligned. The steering used to have no play in it. Now there is noticeable play or dead spot when changing direction. I hate that.
It is these small performance and handling issues that really have left me dissappointed. It also took a week to complete. Had to wait for parts.
I contacted the class action lawyers and there are many of us, with settlement phase 2 problems, with the same complaints.
A friend had his phase 2 and was happy with no complaints.
When I examined his steering, it was way out as well. He was oblivious to the steering wheel being tilted to the left and again the alignment was visibly noticeable by just standing in the front of the vehicle. Same situation for him.
The vehicle hesitated and he was ok with this, saying he didn't like it, but expected some differences.

Most owners just think everything is OK because the dealer just did the phase 2.
The settlement must be quoted. Read the settlement, no changes in engine noise, fuel economy, performance or driveability. "No changes" is what convinced me to take the fix. Right up to phase 2 I was really pleased with this vehicle.
Wildrabbit79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2018, 14:07   #6845
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Noticed performance drop off. Severe lag in throttle response, at all speeds. That was eliminated and working fine after phase 1 correction.
Power managed different, I don't like it.
Engine noise much louder, especially under full throttle.
I agree with the observations, but not to the same degree.

There does seem to be a bit more lag in the throttle. I have assumed it was because I had changed the throttle with OBDEleven and it has changed back. I will be checking that this weekend, but if wasn't changed during Phase 2 I can definitely see how the stock setting would be annoying.

The engine is definitely louder, even my wife noticed it. But having driven it some more, it's not overly intrusive and I am used to it.

I also paid for an alignment since I had hit a pot hole previously. But, from looking at the pre and post settings I think the phase 2 modifications were the cause of it being out.
The Tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:14   #6846
brad94sc

My 2015 Jetta 6sp is in the dealership is we speak getting phase 2 done... hopefully it goes smoothly and I don't notice much difference!
I just got it a few months ago and been very happy with it so far.
brad94sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 18:55   #6847
Zapkat

I suppose I'm lucky. I sold my '13 Beetle back in late June, 2017 and bought a '13 Jetta 2.5 gasser to replace it. It was ok, loved the interior space, but the difference in engine performance was VERY noticeable. After 15 months we traded it in for a '14 Jetta TDI and couldn't be happier. The gap between TDIs and switching to a different model has meant that if there's a difference in performance, we don't notice it. Happy to be back in the fold!
Zapkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 22:51   #6848
crashtested
Veteran Member

Our '14 GSW goes in for an O2 sensor that VWoC said it required post fix. Wife has it Kelowna so hopefully it goes smoothly. They said it would be less than 3hrs so no loaner for her.

Last edited by crashtested; November 8th, 2018 at 22:56.
crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:53   #6849
onslaught192

i'm getting real antsy with this nonsense.....im returning my car on monday and i'll have my new car ready to go, Ricepoint rep leaves a reminder message on my phone about items to bring and again mentions original wheels after i specifically told them on my 20 day call that i dont have them and havent had them for 2+years.
onslaught192 is online now   Reply With Quote