Missing Engine Splash Guard in 2006 Jetta 1.9 TDI

lkinderv

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9
Both of the fan blades cracked on my jetta and while I was trying to figure out why, I realized that I bought the car without a splash guard. I work at the new Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga and they haven't paved the mile long road to the plant site yet so a piece of gravel probably flew up there and took out the blade. Turns out you can't buy the blades without the motors so the dealer wanted $625 for both fans and motors. I found a replacement unit by Siemens on eBay for $200 but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. I need to find the part number for the engine splash guard on my car or even a direct link to one that would fit. It seems like most of the ones I found online don't list compatibility with my car. Any help would be much appreciated!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
Forget replacing it with another plastic belly pan. Go to dieselgeek.com and get their aluminum panzer plate.

2005-2010 MK5 Jetta

Maybe check car-parts.com for a used replacement fan.
Dweisel

Last edited:

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
I really don't know if the belly pan you linked will fit or not. I know $275 sounds high,but its really worth it to protect you oil pan from damage.

Dweisel

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Dealer wants over a $100 for a replacement..