Is anyone familiar with a “Super Golf” ?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I check out Craigslist for vw diesels. A few days ago this listing showed up. Have any of you ever heard of such a car?

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-vw-golf-wagon-lifted-tdi/6763330578.html

It looks like a Jetta wagon with a Golf front however the seller leads me to believe that this is factory. In fact not only factory but vw’s best upgraded model for a Golf that year.

Normally when some one puts a golf front on a Jetta or a Jetta on a golf they jokingly refer to it as a Jolf or Getta. Not so here in fact this is the “Hard Rock” edition complete with badging abs the works even the GOLF letters are on the deck lid.

Is this a Canadian edition? Maybe a European import?

I’m not thinking of buying it but I am curious. Even his phone number looks legit for that area.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
The ad states Golf front end swap; its just bolt on, my golf has a jetta front end.

Ive never heard of anything like it, so, im thinking its just a fun advertisement with made up names. Also, with the research people have done for lifts, youd think we would all be sourcing the parts from the "super golf lift."

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
If you google vw Golf Hard Rock edition, it comes up with Hard Rock Hotel Golf Course, or Hard brake pedal forum inquiries.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
You know I read that add about 4 times and missed that swap part every time. Apparently reading comprehension is not my strong suit. He even changed the badging on the rear.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
You know I read that add about 4 times and missed that swap part every time. Apparently reading comprehension is not my strong suit. He even changed the badging on the rear.
Which is very easy to do; and I hope someone can back this up or clarify it, but i think the red TDI badge wasnt an option on the 2003, it was later. And that hard rock edition badge sure doesnt match the vw styleing, imo.

No worries about misreading, i am natorious for that exact thing.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That's someone's creative fiction. It was fairly common to swap a same color Golf nose on a Jetta in the early '00s before these cars all got old. The Golf Wagon was much more common than the Bora Variant (our Jetta Wagon) in Europe, so people liked to emulate it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that car formerly belonged to Meganuke here, Keith St. Laurent. From CT.

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I also missed the front end swap part until I went to read it again after pointed out.

Yes, the seller does go above and beyond to heavily imply that the "Golf Wagon" is factory, and he simply added the lift kit, but it's pretty thoroughly custom all around.
I guess if you knew for certain, you could enjoy the 'humor' in the ad - "Super Golf Hard Rock Edition TDI (VW's top tier trim)" - but for someone who isn't extremely well versed in these, it might be taken seriously.
I think adding the 'Hard Rock' badge is a little much in this regard...

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Which is very easy to do; and I hope someone can back this up or clarify it, but i think the red TDI badge wasnt an option on the 2003, it was later. And that hard rock edition badge sure doesnt match the vw styleing, imo.

No worries about misreading, i am natorious for that exact thing.

My 2001 Jettawreck car has red TDI letters on the trunk, but only because after the bodywork I replaced them with red ones from a vendor.

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
My understanding is the red is a European thing. They have several levels of performance and horsepower. More red letters mean more performance. I think the 100 HP version has a red "I" and the 130 HP version has a red "DI". Not sure if the 150HP has all three letters red or not, but Amazon sells the red letters.

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC