2005 Passat-warm start issues to no start issues

E-swift

TDI
05 passat
Hi, guys.
I'm not new to the VW/Audi world, just to the TDI ( my first )
So, a few weeks ago I came home late at night on "E". was super low on gas. SUPER LOW. I got up in the morning, went to start the car...hard start, but it turned over. Went to the gas station, filled up and off I went. Shortly afterwards I noticed after I let the car sit for 1 hr or so, it was hard to start. Note-after it starts it runs fine. As time went on the sit time got shorter and shorter.( Funny- 1st thing in the morning-fires right up ). So I parked the car for a day or so-now no start. It cranks but will not turn over.
So far I've: New battery / New glow plug relay / New fuel filter (dirty) / put a meter on the in tank fuel pump (between 1-3 OHMS ), jumped fuel pump, and tried starting = nope.:mad:
I've read the forums and links front to back and I'm at a lost. Any ideas

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
I had a similar issue (cranking but no start or difficult start only when warm) and replacing the tandem pump fixed the problem. I have also heard that adjusting the timing can resolve this kind of issue.