Turbo support bracket.

mk116v

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
So looking at my turbo, it appears someone, prior to my ownership, has removed the support bracket. For obvious reasons, I'd like to have it there. Does anyone have #1 a picture of what it looks like, and #2 by chance does anyone have one they'd be willing to get rid of?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
There was an early and late version of the bracket shown here:

I ran into the same problem years ago when fitting a newer turbo on an older car. That picture shows the different return lines as well. If I remember correctly, the newer is on the right. idparts.com carries the newer version - not sure about the older.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
That is a good foto for comparison of the two versions of the turbo mount.
I'll add that the older style oil return line is compattiable with the newer turbo.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
That is a good foto for comparison of the two versions of the turbo mount.
I'll add that the older style oil return line is compattiable with the newer turbo.
Correct... in the case I pictured above, I had both brackets and return lines. I swapped the return and found that each bracket uses a different bolt hole in the block. The hole I needed to use was badly rusted but a quick run through with a tap cleaned it up nicely. Later on I put a kp39 from a bew on the same car swapping around intercooler tubing. Nice how stuff swaps around like legos on these :)