2014 TDI Sportwagen under hood fuse box layout needed

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
I have searched Google for 2 evenings and came up empty. It is a crime that VW somehow hides this fuse info. I even logged into the VW site that you enter your VIN and get the owners manual. This manual does not have any fuse layouts. Just general how to change a fuse and where they are info. Does anyone have a link or image to this?

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
I think that is a partial listing of the in car, drivers side of dash fuses. I have the interior fuse info. Just need under hood fuse box info.

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
The link I got and re-posted was for the A6 Golf GLI gas. was not accurate to TDI fuses. I threw in the towel and paid the $35 for access tot eh VW manuals and downloaded them.

Last edited:

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
Yellow Sub, thanks for your effort. The Jetta SportWagen is actually on the A6 Golf chassis. So the Jetta 6 Sedan info is not applicable. Fuse panels inside and under hood are much different. Thus the reason it is so hard to find on open Google searches. Not sure why VW called this model a Jetta...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yellow Sub, thanks for your effort. The Jetta SportWagen is actually on the A6 Golf chassis. So the Jetta 6 Sedan info is not applicable. Fuse panels inside and under hood are much different. Thus the reason it is so hard to find on open Google searches. Not sure why VW called this model a Jetta...
No, it is actually on an A5 chassis. There is no A6 wagon (but the A6 Golf is not drastically different, and the later A5 cars, like the post-facelift wagons, have some shared bits). The NCS Jetta (sedan) is a COMPLETELY different car. But in any case, the A6 Golf and the facelifted A5 wagons use the same 1K0-Typ underhood fusebox.

Alldata likes to stick all the A5 stuff together for some reason, even though you pick the specific model year car, and engine. You have to sift through it yourself. Although the underhood fuse box (VAG calls this a "plate") is the same for most all the A5 Golfs (Rabbits), Jetta sedans and wagons, Eos, Tiguan, some B6 Passats, etc. They just don't use all the same spots depending on equipment. There is also a few versions, which are not specifically linked to any engine. But by the time the CR TDIs came along, they were ALL the later type, so it makes no difference. And since they've had problems with them, and there are some models that had a recall/warranty extension on them, some of the part numbers have been updated, so when you go to replace them they may not have the same part number on them as the one you take out.

Last edited:

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
Affirmative on that clarification. (not sure why this forum group is called " VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)" then as that is likely where I picked up that notion. In any case, I found no good info without paying the fee to Erwin and getting all of the manuals and the 995 page wiring diagram. It got me to the bottom of my issue. Thanks all.

cc3winds

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Had a very disturbing failure in my 2014 JSW tdi when the blower motor stopped on the first day of driving the car. After searching the forum for a diagram, I gave up and decided to just check all the fuses in fuse box c on side of dash. All were good , except the one I could not remove.
Waited until this morning for better weather and daylight to try to extract the only 40 amp fuse in the fuse box. Could not remove without removing bolts holding box to dash and then separating front and back of box for better access. Fuse was melted , not just blown. Thought it did major damage to plug in box, but metal clips were still intact. Plastic is a little worse for wear. After cleaning up plastic and metal bits in plug area, I placed a 30 amp ( no 40's on hand) to see if blower had been fried and caused the problem. Blower works, but need to know if I can move the lead to an unused open plug due to plastic damage on existing plug area. I hate the idea of having the whole box replaced and rewired. I have some warning lights on the dash that were probably caused by disconnecting each fuse. Will need to check on what they mean. I only drove the car for the first time yesterday, for 10 minutes . Not a very good start to the relationship. The whole problem may have been started by plugged sunroof drain water.....Followed the forum info and fixed those earlier today.....I hope. Thanks for the great info everyone. 61k miles, All black, nice looking.