Seafoam

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Some folks (even a guru or two) use seafoam in the tank to dry up water, clean the fuel system, or heck, even fill the fuel filter with it when changing (pre-PDs). People act like it's bad stuff when it's been around a long time and seems to contain the same stuff as other additives (naptha).

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Bob_Fout said:
Some folks (even a guru or two) use seafoam in the tank to dry up water, clean the fuel system, or heck, even fill the fuel filter with it when changing (pre-PDs). People act like it's bad stuff when it's been around a long time and seems to contain the same stuff as other additives (naptha).
Yes, it is good stuff, even for diesels as the can says!:

:D:D

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
DRbillZ said:
Uh.......OK. Just wanting to see waht people thought of the product. Was trolling for responses, yes, not problems or flames.
Seems you did a bit of trolling yourself.
sorry if i misunderstood the intent of the thread. the way I read it, you were just trying to stir things up. so i called you on it. I'll let the moderator decide if that is the way it comes across.

suggestion: ask (or state) something specific when you start a thread. ;)

Zero10

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf TDI PD, Tiptronic
tditom said:
sorry if i misunderstood the intent of the thread. the way I read it, you were just trying to stir things up. so i called you on it. I'll let the moderator decide if that is the way it comes across.

suggestion: ask (or state) something specific when you start a thread. ;)
Agreed, I steered clear as well since it just looked like trolling. This is a topic that seems to spark a bit of debate around here

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
thanks for making my point- there are multiple ways of using search and getting helpful info. (I prefer to list by post instead of by thread for even more resolution)

That's why another thread started the way this one was looks like trolling to me.