TDI emission modification problems

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
Okay so about 2-3 weeks ago Volkswagen finally “fixed” the whole emissions problem which took a whole day!!! they said the tune wasn’t downloading but as soon as I drove it off the dealership I noticed it was (high idle) at around 1k but I didn’t think of it... so a week past and it got really cold here in SC so as my normal routine I let the car warm up but I noticed a slight chatter noise (I do have a video) but it went away when I restarted the car and when I was leaving work it happened again.. didn’t think much about it now today my threw a cel so I call dealer they can’t get me in till Monday so I go by advanced to get it check it was P0401 improper flow bank 1 I believe could have VW emissions modification did this???

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
That code is usually a sign of a cracked dpf. Look up that code here and do some reading. Take it back to the dealer and they should fix it at no cost to you. Probably a new dpf at least.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=445921
What does bank 1 mean and ever since I bought the car at 85k it had a slooty tailpipe I installed a banks and it’s slooty I just saw it as it was a diesel but what’s your thoughts on a delete? There’s not emission laws and I will keep the car till the wheels fall off car has 150k

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I am not for any deletes on these cars personally. Others like them. Your choice. You will probably lose any warranty that covers emissions if you delete any part. If it had a sooty tail pipe when you bought it, it wasn't VW's fault or doing. By Banks do you mean a tune of some kind? Being that you just had the emissions fix done you have a 48k mile warranty on that stuff and they would be on the hook for a new dpf and other things if needed. But if you were/are running a tune that may have just disappeared.

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
I am not for any deletes on these cars personally. Others like them. Your choice. You will probably lose any warranty that covers emissions if you delete any part. If it had a sooty tail pipe when you bought it, it wasn't VW's fault or doing. By Banks do you mean a tune of some kind? Being that you just had the emissions fix done you have a 48k mile warranty on that stuff and they would be on the hook for a new dpf and other things if needed. But if you were/are running a tune that may have just disappeared.
Never had a tune nor a warranty when I bought the car on my way to Volkswagen now to get it straightened out

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
What does this mean? There is a Banks tuner and that is what I thought you might be talking about.
It’s a banks catback exhaust and sorry for not replying kinda pissed because as soon as I pulled into the dealer lot no lie the check engine went away... and hasn’t come back but it still has a choppy idle which has been doing since the “tdi modifcation” they kept the car for a extra day because the tune? Wasn’t installing properly and like I said my car has never been the same