Questions re: 2015 Golf TDI purchase

TimLtdi

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hi, I'm hoping someone might have some thoughts about the 2015 Golf I'm thinking of buying. My wife and I have a 2006 TDI Jetta that we bought new, and we love it, but we're thinking of selling that to a family member and buying a new Golf. When we went to the local dealer yesterday they said they were sold out of the new Golfs, but they had a 2015 Golf SE TDI with the 6 speed e-manual transmission, and the car has been "reconditioned" (emissions fix). We'd love to own another TDI, but I'm unsure about the whole emissions reconditioning aspect. Does anyone know if there have been problems with the cars since that was done, or is it still too new? I've read a bunch of posts about minor issues, but nothing too serious so far. Also, it's got 57,000 miles on it, but it looks and runs like brand new. Our Jetta engine seemed to just be getting broken in at 57,000 miles, so it doesn't seem like a problem, since the price seems fair. And any opinions about this transmission? Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear from anyone who might have an informed opinion. Tim