Replacing fender under vw rust warranty

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
What is the terms of this warranty? My 99.5 Jetta with 375k on it has rusting starting to develop on both fenders..
On the Mk4 the VW rust warranty is 12 years, unlimited Mileage.

Get it in to a "Friendly" dealer near you quick and get the Fenders and anything else that may have rust on it (like the area of the trunk behind the License Plate) done ASAP...

MrVermin

tdipwr

TDI
1996 tdi passat wagon,1991 jetta 2 door diesel
Rusty

I have been looking at buying a 2005.5 or 2006 Jetta TDI and have noticed a lot have got fender rust. Is this something that if I buy that Vw will repair under the rust warranty or do I need to be the original owner?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I have been looking at buying a 2005.5 or 2006 Jetta TDI and have noticed a lot have got fender rust. Is this something that if I buy that Vw will repair under the rust warranty or do I need to be the original owner?
You don't have to be the original owner but there are certain things VW will look for. The fenders have to have the original paint on it, no touch up paint over the rust and the rust that they cover is at the top of the wheel arches. I had mine changed and we are not the original owners.