Denver Emissions Test and Dyno?

cartog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE manual, grey/black, Frostheater.
I'm due for an emissions test, and was looking for a place that might offer a dyno pull at the same time. I've struck out with the calls I've made and thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
I'd need something in the Denver/Boulder area.
Thanks.

hgeittmann

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Well, you probably tried S&S Service in Broomfield already... if not, try that guy (phone first). Maybe 2003Golf will chime in with where he got his done- he was telling me his emissions tester could see a difference after installing .205s, but I don't know who did it for him.

cartog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE manual, grey/black, Frostheater.
Progressive Auto Performance, down at Hampden and Santa Fe (303-761-4232) offers dyno pulls as well as emissions checks. Due to a bit of miscommunication and lack of time I ended up with only the emissions check, though. They are familiar with TDIs, even though it looks like they cater to the bigger trucks most of the time.

S&S sent me their way. I had also checked with Akisp, Dynoman, and Diesel Testing Center, iirc, none of which could do both.

hgeittmann

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Thanks for posting that- good to know. The S&S guy always seemed a bit surly to me, but he's the closest- emissions testing is a real PITA. What do they charge for the dyno run? I'm kind of curious myself, although I have a few more things to tweak first. My emissions is due in May.