Anyone have a set of BEW injectors to sell me?

jfuhr

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I'm driving a 2005 Jetta TDI with a BEW 1.9L. 240k miles. It's hit or miss whether I'm going to be driving on 3 cylinders from day to day....usually it runs fine in the morning but then a dead miss on the way home from work.
Injector CEL, I want to replace the offending injector (#2) but it would me nice to replace all four (4).
Does anyone have an old set laying around they would sell me? or what would be the best place to buy a single injector?

BTW: no smoke or unburned diesel smell. Fuel Eff. steady at 43mpg.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
I'd strongly suggest to start by replacing the injector wiring harness first. In most cases it is the problem. Besides, at that mileage yours is hard and brittle, so you will need it anyway

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds

jfuhr

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Great suggestion. Thanks so much. Sorry to be so needy, but would you mind recommending an on-line supplier?

jfuhr

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I read your thread and then happened to be looking at Craigslist. I found this add. I have absolutely no idea who this is, you will need to do due diligence on these parts if you’re interested. I just thought I’d pass it along.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/pts/d/bristow-vw-mk4-tdi-bew-jetta-golf/6983797607.html
thanks a lot for passing this along....good of you. Based on the intermittent nature of my issue I'm going to pursue Henrick's suggestion first.

As a first time poster, TDIJarHead and Henrick gave me royal treatment....I really appreciate it and hope to pass it on.

jfuhr

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
hi guys, I took Henricks advise and installed a new injector harness from ID parts and my primarily complaint symptom (intermittent stuttering/miss) disappeared. Thanks guys...

The only thing that didn't clear up is a low boost cel. I bought a mityvac and tried to draw a vac on the line to the turbo actuator. I could not generate vac so I bypassed the hose and connected directly to the actuator and still could not generate vac.

Question: Does this confirm that I have a bad actuator? I'm questioning b/c there is a electrical connection to the actuator and I don't know what it's purpose is....I was thinking that there could be some integrated solenoid vent that is normally open...but that doesn't seem likely. Does anyone know what the electric component to the actuator is?
thanks in advance, Jfuhr