2011 tdi jsw, dpf servicing

JCMT

TDI
2011 TDI
Hi,
I am a newbie to this site re posting, and have a used "fixed" JSW, and am getting worried about DPF servicing. There remains ~6K miles on the extended warranty, have lost my trusted dealer adviser (moved out of state). What does the DPF servicing involve? Probably expensive, how do I know it is due? Requires a certified dealer to service to retain warrant?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
How many miles? No such thing as a servicing from VW but you can start checking ash load.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
"Servicing" involves replacement for the most part. There are some companies that do service DPFs but ours aren't made for this. They have to be cut open and cleaned and them put back together and re welded. Replacement is expensive. If it isn't throwing check engine lights there is nothing the dealer will do for you under warranty. Here is the pamphlet that should have come with your car. Assuming auto trans.

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/emissions/VW_BOOKLET_2L-Gen-1-AUT-v4.pdf

JCMT

TDI
2011 TDI
Thanks very much for your reply,, my JSW has ~135K miles, and since we have had the emission mod done, "that" included the DPF replacement,, hence I am not concerned about that, near-term.

JCMT

TDI
2011 TDI
Hello, many thanks for the settlement pamphlet, that document resolves my increasing my concern such a "do I need to have the DPF 'serviced' (as VW 800 tech line states it needs to be performed by 120K miles)". The DPF and other items were replaced during the emission mod. My JSW has 135K, DSG, had the timing belt replaced ~120K. Love the car, and hope to drive it for "many miles", and was getting paranoid after a "terrible" experience with dealer resulting in having to have the car towed from said dealer to an independent shop +100 miles away for trans replacement. I am watching the miles approach the "extended warranty miles" limit and continue to trust this German technology. Sorry to ramble on.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Why did you need a trans replacement? The DSG's have proved to be pretty stout. The clutch packs sometimes need replacing but the trans itself has been durable for most.

With things running correctly the DPF should last over 100k miles.

JCMT

TDI
2011 TDI
I took the car to dealer for DSG fluid change, when car picked up, drove it a block and 1/2, needed to get towed back, had ck engine light on no power, following Monday dealer said trans needed replacement, ~$7k, stonewalled me when I said car ran fine when taken in, independent shop showed video of trans draining, fluid qty low by ~1 qt, also reported car reported code = P1815-008, said low fluid could have fried trans. Dealer refuses to accept responsibility. Corp VW consoles me, "very sorry", but have no control over dealer. I think legal is the only remaining route.