www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW B5 Passat TDIs

VW B5 Passat TDIs This is a general discussion about B5 Passat(>98 (2004-2005 in North America)). Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old May 15th, 2019, 12:07   #31
QuickTD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otty View Post
How do I open it? This is a wagon and the switch in the door does not work or the remote.

Thanks!
I assume the lock cylinder above the license plate is seized?
QuickTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:06   #32
otty
Veteran Member

Yes it is. I am slowly trying to lube it up and hope it will work. Does it work without the electronics of the lock functioning?
Old May 17th, 2019, 14:12   #33
thundershorts
Veteran Member

It even glows in the dark.
Old May 17th, 2019, 19:01   #34
QuickTD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otty View Post
Yes it is. I am slowly trying to lube it up and hope it will work. Does it work without the electronics of the lock functioning?
Yes, It is mechanical.
QuickTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2019, 19:37   #35
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Otty, did you solve this? Mine has developed the same issue - all the CCM functions stopped at the same time. My CCM was pretty well dry, but there was accumulated water in the drivers footwell, and a crusty )but functional) ground wire.

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2019, 19:44   #36
otty
Veteran Member

Nope, never been resolved and I have not seen any water in the footwell for months now. I am just carrying on driving it like this. Still drives great!
Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:30   #37
Dag3

TDI(s): MK V

Mine just developed some of the same issues. I had noticed that the lights on the window switches on the drivers door would flicker at times. Then yesterday, the windows stopped working altogether. On top of that, the dome light wouldn't go out, and the door ajar symbol for the drivers door stayed on when the door was closed. So fooling around and suspecting wiring, I pulled/wiggled the boot between the body and the driver's door and it worked intermittently. Has to be broken wires in there somewhere. Looks to me like I have to pull the harness and repair some wires. Any thoughts here? I would assume a plug or two in the door, and one by the kick panel drivers side - anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Darren
Dag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2019, 07:31   #38
ajjw0828

My car had same issue. Windows quit working, car doors would lock but then would automatically unlock. Gas lock and trunk wouldn't work. Dome light wouldn't come on. Would occasionally set off alarm randomly and would say door ajar. Slid drivers seat all the way back. Pulled cover next to hood release lever, undid the foot rest cover, and carefully pried up the trim along the floor to the left of the seat. Then folded over carpeting to get access to the harness/ CCM. CCM was dry, one pin on it had a little green dust on it probably from water migrating through wire from the rusty ground that everyone mentions. Cleaned the ground. Still didn't work. Ended up testing for power at the larger plug on the CCM harness. It had like .225 volts and if you wiggled the harness at all it would drop to .144. I then checked for continuity on ground from plug to ground at that was good. So then took off all the tape on the harness and traced the power cable down. The power cable splits eventually and it looked okay at first but I noticed a small green area. Cut off the splice cover and the wires were completely disintegrated. Cut out the bad and soldered the wires to together. Plugged the CCM back in and BOOM! Windows and everything works like a charm!!! The reason I knew to do this was I saw another post somewhere on the internet that had this problem Ended up being the same thing for me. I will try and link the post, but I couldn't find it when I looked a minute ago. I can take pictures if anyone needs them. Good luck!
ajjw0828 is offline   Reply With Quote