www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Central Canada

Central Canada Local discussions for those between the Rockies and the Great Lakes (Alberta to Manitoba).

Old April 10th, 2019, 08:40   #1
Petra's cousin

Default Lower grill for sportwagen

Anyone have any leads or links for a replacement lower grill for a 2011 sportwagen that doesn't cost a mint (either to ship from the US or is just really expensive to begin with). Preference is for a honeycomb grill (looks like you can buy them in the $50 range down south of the border, but no one ships to Canada, or if they do, its like $100 to ship).

Looks like on a recent trip to BC I took a hefty rock hit to the grill without noticing it. Found the rock inside the driver's side bumper and wondered how it got there (rock was ~robins egg sized), then finally put 2 & 2 together that the slit in my lower grill winter cover was how the rock got in there and when I pulled it back the plastic slats were destroyed.

Thanks, John
Petra's cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:17   #2
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

Aftermarket honeycombs are like $30 on ebay, but shipping is probably the problem there too.
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:30   #3
Petra's cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITEWAGON View Post
Aftermarket honeycombs are like $30 on ebay, but shipping is probably the problem there too.
Yep, found all those in the $30-50 range, but probably 99% of the ones I scanned through wanted $95 for shipping. I suspect they are all the same grill vendor with different names.

John
Petra's cousin is offline   Reply With Quote