2009 Jetta sportwagon fuel filter change TDI

Shermenator

TDI
2009 Jetta sportwagon TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Do you have to have a scan tool to run the fuel pump?
Or can you prime the pump or bleed The air out of the lines Without the scan tool?
Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
2009 Jetta TDI Do you have to have a scan tool to run the fuel pump?
Or can you prime the pump or bleed The air out of the lines Without the scan tool?
Thanks
This has been discussed here several times. In short:
1) The officially recommended method is to use a scan tool to run the pumps and fill (prime) the fuel system.
2) Some people say that all you need to do is to fill the filter canister with fuel before putting the lid on.
3) The fuel pumps can also be run by "hot wiring" the 2 electric fuel pumps.
4) Complete instructions for both priming methods are in this thread: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/2009-2010-VW-TDI-fuel-filter.htm
5) I prefer to follow the maintenance manual and use a scan tool to run the pumps (it's the easiest way).

Have Fun!

Don

Shermenator

TDI
2009 Jetta sportwagon TDI
This has been discussed here several times. In short:
1) The officially recommended method is to use a scan tool to run the pumps and fill (prime) the fuel system.
2) Some people say that all you need to do is to fill the filter canister with fuel before putting the lid on.
3) The fuel pumps can also be run by "hot wiring" the 2 electric fuel pumps.
4) Complete instructions for both priming methods are in this thread: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/2009-2010-VW-TDI-fuel-filter.htm
5) I prefer to follow the maintenance manual and use a scan tool to run the pumps (it's the easiest way).

Have Fun!

Don
Thank you so very much, I did a Search but couldn't find anything but hey thanks again!!!!
David