Turbo

LambertzTDI

TDI
2001 1.9 TDI
buddy of mine has this turbo laying around, I want to upgrade my turbo anyways. what do you guys think of it, I work at a machine shop so making a flange for it wouldn't be hard at all. any input is appreciated thanks

keaton85

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4
The stock turbo is built into the manifold, thus you would have to make a new manifold, which can be done.

After that, you would have to tuning it and make a custom bracket for the wastegate as the stock turbo does not have a wastegate. It operates with vanes to control the exhaust flow. You will actually decrease your power at lower RPMs with this turbo.

Last but not least, it's green and that just kills it!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Your buddy is good at creative colors! ...

I doubt the turbo could be considered an upgrade! You would be going down a problematic road since it was not designed for your engine and it's turbo controlling components!

LambertzTDI

TDI
2001 1.9 TDI
Alright thanks guys, yea it seems like too much work to get the turbo to mount up correctly and preform correctly.

What would you guys prefer for an turbo upgrade?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Looks like a T3/T4 but to know the size, you'd have to measure the wheels, plus it looks like its leaking oil out of the turbine housing.