ALH 1949 willys cj3a

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Deservedly so

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Looks like you have some hills to ride around there.

hamibob@gmail.com

TDI
05 Passat, 05 Passat, soon a 51 Willys truck
Me too

I'm putting a TDI in my 51 Willys truck. Interesting to see what you are doing. I bought adapaters from coty built - they are very well done. I'm putting a 3550 transmission in along with the bell housing, clutch and transfer case from an 05 YJ.

I just put a new post in as well. It looks great. .... Bob in Calgary, Alberta

superhl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle
Hey Falcon,
How did you setup your alternator exciter wire? What is a work around to connect and give power to the blue exciter wire to engage the alternator. My Isuzu does have a cluster light but it connects from ignition to ecm.Not sure but I guess I could test the amp on this wire and if sufficient I could tie end.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
My jeep is using a basic GM 1-wire alternator. I just have the main wire going to the battery/ammeter and the other post for the "gen" wire jumer back to the charge post..... Im assuming you are using the VW or Izuzu alternator??

Hey Falcon,
How did you setup your alternator exciter wire? What is a work around to connect and give power to the blue exciter wire to engage the alternator. My Isuzu does have a cluster light but it connects from ignition to ecm.Not sure but I guess I could test the amp on this wire and if sufficient I could tie end.

superhl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle
I am using the VW alternator. On the Isuzu a black/yellow wire connects from switch to fuse to dummy light to red/wire connects to ecm. Thanks

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I imagine yours to be the lone TDI powered jeep. Saw one like yours, red, for sale in Northern Michigan this summer.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
Yeah I have yet to see another. I know a guy building one now. There was a guy with a kubota powered cj5 at the show last year. It was really nice.