Tdi ranger dead peddle

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
My alh ranger gets dead peddle every time I start it then it’s fine I have pin 20 and pin 44 grounded I read on here those are the 2 brake sensors but it still does it

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
The information I have says Pin 20 Is a Blue/White wire for VSS and Pin 44 is a Red wire for Cruise Set.

Try ground on Pin 32 Black/Red, but do not connect it to the brake light circuit. Also put +12V on Pin 65 White/Yellow.

This should allow normal throttle response, but if cruise is used the brakes will not shut it off. This could be very dangerous, so connect it all properly or do not connect the cruise switch.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
MY Alh Jeep does something strange at times. If I take off slow the pedal will cut out for a second. If I let off and get back on it it seems fine. It doesn't do it every time. I will have to check the pins listed. Is pin number 32 a common cause of this symptom?

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
Mine only reved to 1500 rpm every time I started it then you let off and push it back down it was normal I’d try it and see what happens

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
MY Alh Jeep does something strange at times. If I take off slow the pedal will cut out for a second. If I let off and get back on it it seems fine. It doesn't do it every time. I will have to check the pins listed. Is pin number 32 a common cause of this symptom?
Are you running a VSS? That really sounds like a missing VSS symptom as the engine doesn't know that you are moving as opposed to just revving and it will stumble once and then figure out that it's missing and then has no issues.