How to check Q7 factory options ?

YP09S

TDI
06 Jetta MKV TDI
How to check Q7 factory options when looking for a pre-owned ?

I'm considering and looking for a Q7 TDI 2013-2014 and wanted to know if there is an accurate way to check which options came on the car that I'm looking at . Primarily online at this point ,with some follow-up phone calls Even with phone calls a few of the listing dealers seem unsure . I have tried some of the VIN sites but seem to receive unreliable results .Example : I was looking for the factory "Tow package" as one of the options . Some of the sites state that the vehicles have this option only to find out they don't even have the factory hitch installed ? Is this possible ?

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I was researching late model (2014-2016) A6 TDIs and learned that an electronic copy of the original Monroney (window) sticker, which has all the factory equipment information, can be obtained for many preowned cars. Some dealers will provide it if requested, individuals can obtain them also. I found it to be very useful information since, since as you've found, ads and salesperson descriptions can be very inaccurate particularly with regard to packages and options. I've never paid for a sticker but it looks like it could cost about $10 (see instaVIN or similar, no affilliation). Good luck, and Q7s are awesome. We've loved both our Touareg TDIs.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You can purchase the OEM style hitch and install it. Some come in kit form, some you have to buy a few pieces by themselves. It will be the exact same stuff as the factory version. Oris is usually who makes the hitch. There is a wire harness, a control box, etc. The only thing I have encountered that often time will not come in the kit is the mounting bracket for the control box, as some vehicles have them there some do not. Then there are some coding changes in some of the modules that get done, and a CAN bus "reboot" that welcomes the new trailer module to the group.

Since all VAG products sold in the USA have "warm weather" equipment, where applicable, there is no extra cooling or anything necessary beyond the standard stuff. So no worries there.

Last edited: