Big Turbo running like a stock turob car

Amphibious699

TDI
1.9 Seat Ibiza Cupra (PD160), Stock Cam, Stock Head, 120% Firad Injectors, BT GTB2260v
Big Turbo running like a stock turbo car

Merry Christmas all and Hello,

I was having fun 3 nights ago and i was greatly disappointed :(. My BT runs neck in neck with a stage 2 stock turbo. I pretty much catch him when the race is over :eek:.

My file is requesting 2.3bar but not getting that.

I did some logging tonight i can see from group 011 in VCDS i need to adjust actuator due to the duty cycle map column. All logs done where from 3rd gear @ 1500rpm

I would like a fresh pair of eyes and advise on what else could be wrong.

If there are any other groups that i need to log please let me know.

Group-001-003-004

Group-008-011

Group-007-011-006

Kind Regards

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
My big question is did you drop a big turbo in a stock car, or do you have a tune to match?
Without the tune you will get stock performance.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Amphibious699

TDI
1.9 Seat Ibiza Cupra (PD160), Stock Cam, Stock Head, 120% Firad Injectors, BT GTB2260v
Evening Eddieleephd,

Thank you for the response,

Just give me group 11 and drop it in a Malone webpage and paste the link here.

Please see links for group 011

3rd gear pull till limiter
https://log.malonetuning.com/chart/...Pw6Bgw6whw64mdcOLbMONwo9TCCfCtzzDpifCjwAAAA==

4th gear pull till limiter
https://log.malonetuning.com/chart/...Cj8OgYMOsIcOuJnXDi2zDjcKPUwgnwrc8w6Ynwo8AAAA=

My big question is did you drop a big turbo in a stock car, or do you have a tune to match?
Without the tune you will get stock performance.

Yes i have had a remap done for the car and BT setup.

Thanks

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Need a bit more info about the car. Year and engine and size turbo.
I definitely think you need to adjust the actuator and find it wired that it flat lines at requested.
I have an ALH and set mine to spike 200-300 over around 2100 rpm. Your big turbo I would expect to spool a little closer to 2600-2800 rather than above 3000.

Biggest reality factor is you're not going to get much power until 50mph or greater, stock is pushing much lower.

Last edited:

Amphibious699

TDI
Need a bit more info about the car. Year and engine and size turbo.
I definitely think you need to adjust the actuator and find it wired that it flat lines at requested.
I have an ALH and set mine to spike 200-300 over around 2100 rpm. Your big turbo I would expect to spool a little closer to 2600-2800 rather than above 3000.

Biggest reality factor is you're not going to get much power until 50mph or greater, stock is pushing much lower.

Hi eddieleephd,

Thank you for the above.

• Seat Ibiza Cupra PD160
  • 2007 model
  • 1.9tdi pd160 motor
  • GTB2265v Turbo
On my file we are requesting 2.3bar boost. The limit i have is the ECU wont see more than 2bar boost.

Thanks

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Sounds like you need a 3 bar map sensor.
Who did the remap?
I'm a little out of my range here to be honest, just thinking in type here and trying to understand and pull the information others will ask for upfront.

I see the flat line and from what you said it seems to be that you're using the stock boost sensor when you need the 3 bar sensor to be able to utilize the potential.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The computer will not give you what you told it to ask for if it can't see the results. It'll essentially put you into limp mode and nothing more until it's setup properly.

Remember it really only has two sides, request and report. It's dumb, stupid actually, it's limited to the programming and reporting to modulate what's happening. Like I explained to a friend: give me, what'd you give, give me, what did you give, etc.

So if the reporting is off, or the function of the equipment is out of spec, you'll get what it can give.

Amphibious699

TDI
Sounds like you need a 3 bar map sensor.
Who did the remap?
I'm a little out of my range here to be honest, just thinking in type here and trying to understand and pull the information others will ask for upfront.

I see the flat line and from what you said it seems to be that you're using the stock boost sensor when you need the 3 bar sensor to be able to utilize the potential.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The computer will not give you what you told it to ask for if it can't see the results. It'll essentially put you into limp mode and nothing more until it's setup properly.

Remember it really only has two sides, request and report. It's dumb, stupid actually, it's limited to the programming and reporting to modulate what's happening. Like I explained to a friend: give me, what'd you give, give me, what did you give, etc.

So if the reporting is off, or the function of the equipment is out of spec, you'll get what it can give.

Thank you. I have a 4 bar map sensor on the car. Our cars in South Africa came with a 3 bar map sensor, which i upgraded to the 4 bar one.

We have local guys in SA that are doing the remap but not the greatest.

The ECU won't see more than 2 bar from a logging aspect. This needs to changed with winOLS in order to see it.

I will start by adjusting the actuator and shortening it and you have said. Where does the Duty Map cycle need to sitting between 70 and 80%?

Thank you so much.

Markus L

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy (14D) 1.9TDI 2-stage 400+bhp, Passat 3BG 4motion AVF
GTB2265V? Some kind of hybrid? Seems to me that turbine's efficiency is ruined with a compressor that spins too slow.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
So what you're actually telling me is that unless you go through the process of getting the logs to show what information you need that you're not sure what the hell is going on and guessing based on feel.

I say that because the requested is stopping at the same point because the ECU is limited so it's not showing you everything you need.
Without that information it's a guess and see if you blow the engine at some point to know you went too far.
So my recommendation is to spend the energy making that information available so you can do what you want, otherwise, I can be of no more help whatsoever.

Amphibious699

TDI
GTB2265V? Some kind of hybrid? Seems to me that turbine's efficiency is ruined with a compressor that spins too slow.
Hi Markus,

The original turbo is a GTB2260v that comes out of F10 530D BMW.

All I have done is gone to a 65mm compressor wheel.

Thanks

Last edited:

Amphibious699

TDI
So what you're actually telling me is that unless you go through the process of getting the logs to show what information you need that you're not sure what the hell is going on and guessing based on feel.

I say that because the requested is stopping at the same point because the ECU is limited so it's not showing you everything you need.
Without that information it's a guess and see if you blow the engine at some point to know you went too far.
So my recommendation is to spend the energy making that information available so you can do what you want, otherwise, I can be of no more help whatsoever.

Noted eddieleephd.

I am working on that with winOLS. I just need to get the correct group to check what need to be changed to get the correct logging.

I will come back on this.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Noted eddieleephd.

I am working on that with winOLS. I just need to get the correct group to check what need to be changed to get the correct logging.

I will come back on this.
What do you do your logs with? Cable and software?
Field 11 is the only one that matters as far as the turbo goes.

Last edited:

Amphibious699

TDI
What do you do your logs with? Cable and software?
Field 11 is the only one that matters as far as the turbo goes.

Hi eddieleephd,

I use VCDS and the cable.

But the limitation is currently that VCDS doesn't see more than 3060mbar on group 11.

Amphibious699

TDI
Big Turbo running like a stock turbo car - FIXED

Hi,

Finally found my problem. Just been slow to post here.

Injectors where not supplying enough fuel to the car for the higher boost.

I swapped with a mate to test and wow what a difference.

So i took the opportunity and bought 120% Firad nozzles with injectors from Darkside Development.

Thanks

Last edited: