I Smell a Buy Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondroid

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed 5 door.
How many of you predict VW will buyback certain TDI's?

Recently VW bought back 1st Gen TDI's with the NOx trap from dealers. Lets say there is a fix for those 1st Gen TDI's. Do you really think VW will inconvenience you by having your vehicle for x amount of days while they modify it? Say that does happen. Do you really think the HP and torque numbers will stay the same? If the hp and torque figures are lower, then that would equate to fraud. What will the "damages" paid out to customers be? Do you really think VW will offer you depreciated value only on your TDI?

I have talked to others that say you'll get depreciated value and no damages. Others say a "software fix". It's still fraud. You bought a vehicle based on lies.

Mazda bought back RX-8's at FULL purchase price because they lied about the horsepower...that's it. That incident with Mazda is a drop in the bucket compared to what VW did.

My prediction is they will buyback certain TDI's at original purchase price PLUS pay "damages". As well, I think it will be the largest settlement in automotive history.

Status
Not open for further replies.