temperature regeneration cayc

hd7993

TDI
TDI
Hello.

i wonder if anyone know why my 1,6tdi cayc start regeneration at to low temperature? this causes grey ish diesel stinking smoke from time to time..

it only happend if i shut of the engine while regen is active, and then for example next morning when start driving again with cold engine, it fire up regen after only few minutes/kilometers..

if regen start while driving with warm engine, there is no smoke..
so seems there should be a problem with a temperature sensor somewhere? but would think this would cause a fault code..? but there is none.. also when i look at actual values with vcds, all tempsensor seems to make sense really..

any ideas? the car have still have original sw from 2010, so never been updated. it seems to be worse now during summertime (70-90F outside temp)
cayc with abouth 130000 miles total.

hd7993

TDI
TDI
We always waited for a regen to finish before shutting down.

Yes i agreed this is the best way, but sometime there is really no time for that.. :) and also there is no message or warning light during regen, so for example when my wife use it, she have no clue why and when and what :rolleyes:

It is possible to hear the coolant fan goes on max and also idle is a little higher, but to try explane this to someone else use the car seems not so easy.. ;)

hd7993

TDI
TDI
Still looking for an answer here.. :)
maybe there are some self study to find on dpf on these engine?
would be nice to know what temperatur sensors, and at what temperature those need to reach for starting regen..?