www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:23   #1
augie dog
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 Passat
Default Help Identify Wire Connection!

I posted this in my starter post but no one responded so I will repost. While I was removing my starter there are three separate plug connections located on top of starter as part of the harness. The connection I am inquiring about is a two wire plug going to a round black solenoid looking component adjacent to the clutch master cylinder. I need to repair this connection because the wire is held on by only a couple of wire strands. The plug needs to be cut off and a new plug soldered on. Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know where I can get a replacement / repair plug. If you need photo's I will try and post them but I hope I described as best as I could where it is located.
augie dog is offline   Reply With Quote