Big Brake upgrade

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
What is the largest big brake upgrade that can still allow use of the space saver spare tire?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
It fits fine with 312mm rotors, don't know about 340mm. You could also upgrade to a full size spare. The 312 front with the 282 rears give a golf tdi incredible stopping power, all you really need.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Keep in mind that with a bbk... If you get a flat in the front you can always move one of your rear wheels to the front and put the spare in the back. This would be my choice even without big brakes up front so that my spare isn't a drive wheel.

Also keep in mind that if you're running aftermarket wheels that use conical lug bolts instead of ball seat you will want to keep a set of ball seat lug bolts with you should you need the spare. And if you're running a spacer in the back make sure to uninstall it when you put on the spare (or have longer ball seat lug bolts with you). Last thing you want is to already be down a wheel and then have an accident with the spare because not enough threads were engaged.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
Also keep in mind that if you're running aftermarket wheels that use conical lug bolts instead of ball seat you will want to keep a set of ball seat lug bolts with you should you need the spare.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The car came with OEM 16" alloy wheels ( I think Corvara's?). I replaced them with 17" Motegi's from Tire Rack.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
What size is the spaces saver spare? with the fender system on the alltrack ours came with an 18" spare, which would mean i could run 340 of PP GTI or R brakes, but i'll stick with my 312s.

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
I wanna do the 312mm Upgrade - Can anyone confirm the 312mm front brakes (Carriers, pads, rotors) from an Alltrack will fit on my 2015 GSW with the stock 288mm Brakes? I found some Alltrack front calipers with brackets, pads and rotors for $200. Dust shield doesn't need to be updated does it?