96 Passat TDI FS

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
This was my Wife's car, I bought it from a local 6 years ago for 5500! it was originally owned and rebuilt by Tom (ninedee_golf_tdi) Tom actually bought the car 8 years ago needing an engine. He bought a 30,000 mile Euro AHU engine from VMMotors in California and put it in and sold the car to his neighbor. The body now has 170+k on it, the motor about 100k. Dark gray color, with charcoal cloth interior, I added Factory Fogs and a high end radio(Kenwood),Orlando Alloys, new Headliner, fairly new Kumho tires..
in the last 4 years added New brakes, Shocks,Radiator, several new Hoses Timing belt, Water Pump,Injection pump resealed, Clutch master and Slave cylinders and just recently ignition switch and several door handles..., recently serviced new filters and Oil, have oil to change tranny fluid have new front rotors and pads (included) Now the bad. Roof water leak right front side,Right rear window doesnt work, Cruise Control doesnt work,A/C is weak believe it has a leak have had to put 134A in twice yearly for a couple years! Heat is great! getting some rust spots
overall a nice car and low miles......
asking 2500 OBO

Last edited:

gfv

TDI
96 B4
Hey can we talk about the hybrid?

Hey tomo-
I have been a lurker here for years particularly back 4 years ago when I had a well loved B4 from the guy who designed the fuel system for the car. My wife and I are about to go hybrid ... can you please call me?

my name's gary

802 579-5555

thanks

gfv

gfv

TDI
96 B4
thanks chris

so Tom,
Would you be willing to call when you are available...
???

please..

gary

psaboic

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS Black
What is the cause of the roof leak on the right side? Is it leaking at the top of the door window, the sunroof itself (or sunroof seal) or the sunroof drains? Interested, but since I live in the Pacific NW, any water leak can be an issue.

Glenn

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
AS my best man I donate to your favorite charity a small donation and tow it outa there.
RRR

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

I changed the Orlando for Bottlecaps with nearly new Michelin a few months ago notice it also has a ID Parts front I also have a Keith Harley Shifter kit.....

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
How's the underside of car holding up,how many miles on the TB job?

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Here's a Bump

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of this "for sale" thread. This must be a record for the longest running classified auto for sale thread. Maybe it's good luck for a sale?:)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Yesterday was the two year anniversary of this "for sale" thread. This must be a record for the longest running classified auto for sale thread. Maybe it's good luck for a sale?:)
it is amazing, pulled it off sale several times .oh well...... and it really is a good car and very low mileage for the year