2001 Jetta TDI Sedan for sale

cspeter8

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan
Deal Fell through, determining what to do next

Bought with 169000 miles in 2008. Now has 225000 miles. Member 94x swapped in a manual transmission for me after the auto went bad, and has done alot of other maintenance over the years. Timing belt replaced soon after I bought it by member meganuke.
I put a greasecar kit in soon after buying it, and the kit is still in the car. Ran car with Rotella full synthetic changed at 5000 mile intervals.
94x installed a new turbocharger a few years back.

Mostly trying to see if this car can find a good home. Pictures on craigslist:
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5597833590.html

Text I added to craigslist listing:
Car runs reliably, but has so many cosmetic problems I am selling as possible parts car. The car sat in yard for several months, and when I re-registered it I discovered some new issues: Alternator had gone bad, but now has been replaced. Right parking brake cable frozen and needs replacement, right rear caliper may need replacement along with brake cable, but not sticking via brake lines. Turbo actuator is sticking some, causing underpowered condition. exhaust section behind cat converter is rusted and needs replacement. Car has greasecar system installed and runs on waste veg oil or on diesel, but tank sending unit is needed for wvo fuel guage. Hood release T-lever missing, new one on order. A/C is not working. Front and rear brakes recently serviced.

Matched set of tires have 50% wear remaining. Lots of smaller rust spots on body but I have not seen any rust through. Front bumper held on with some rope. Armrest is broken. I expecte the manual diesel transmission might be useful to swap into another car.

Last edited:

cspeter8

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan
Buyer with deposit changed his mind, but I am seeing leaking diesel from the output side of the fuel injection pump that I was not aware of earlier.
------------
update: fixed leaking diesel by ordering/installing new fuel hose from #4 injector back to fuel injector pump.
Also put car back on market at a different price. Started another thread.

Last edited: