vancouver - BC - 1996 B4V syncro TDI

brendanb

TDI
b4v syncro
OK, so i'm not sure how serious i am about trying to sell this right now, the strut towers cracked and i'll probably need to sell it in a year anyway when i move to australia, I left my welder in ontario :(
I've owned it for the past 4 years i think, it comes from ontario, i put the syncro in, previous owner did the TDI swap, car started life as a VR6.
PO claimed he match the cluster to the motor witch has just over 350,000 km on it, unknown for the body.
manual transmission

things to know:
-new shock all around as of last summer, currently has 1" drop
-i have a spare injection pump
-spare set of winter wheels/tires with good rubber
-silicone coolant hoses
-injection pump was re-sealed at the end of this winter
-new gear oil as of early this week
-3rd gear makes a ticky noise when engine braking, only 3rd does this so i've stopped using 3rd while engine braking.
-tranny is gasser syncro so yes it does rev high
-gets 7.5 L/100km average per tank, usually includes 1 or 2 ~300km hwy trips and the rest city, 900km per tank.
-passenger rear ABS sensors is flaky but works 90% of the time
-glow plug monitoring code since i've bought it but its never not started on me in the winter even in -20 and the top of big white.

EDIT 5.30.2016 just an edit so it hopefully it doesn't bump to the top, i bought a welder and am going to fix it, but I'll leave this up because like i said i will probably need to sell it around march 2017.

this is the worser corner, the other side isn't rusty.

http://s141.photobucket.com/user/seeultr/media/passat/20160525_123829_zpsvpaztuec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Last edited: