03 Jetta TDI 5sp in CT $2800

Snizzbob

TDI
2015 Passat TDI DSG
For sale is a 2003 Jetta TDI with a 5sp manual trans. The car has 285k on it and runs good. Lots of new parts in the past year:

both front axles
a-arms
front wheel bearings
ball joints
tie rod ends
all four brakes
motor mounts
rear axle bushings
4 new tires
front end alignment
re-sealed injector pump
the timing belt, head gasket and intake cleaning were done at 200k
oil change was just done at 285k
has engine heater for the winter

The timing belt is due at 300k, and probably will need a clutch soon. If I were to keep it, the clutch would last another 20-30k, I'm easy on a clutch. It dosent slip or grind, just the first time you drive in the morning its harder than it used to be to put into 1st gear at a stop. I have owned the car for the past 5 years and put 150k on it, with oil changes every 5000 miles with Rotella T-6. It also has Sprint 520 nozzles and a .658 5th gear.
The car has a little rust in the rockers behind the front wheels, but nowhere else. The front bumper cover has some minor damage on the right side from the previous owner and 285k worth of normal scratches from daily use. The car has a trailer hitch on the back, and I put tow bar mounts on the front. I am buying a RV and was going to tow the Jetta behind it, but plans have changed.

Interior is decent, driver seat is a little worn.

Its a great car that I would get in right now and drive across the country without a second thought. I really don't want to sell it, but I drive for a living, and due to the age of the car, the company I work for is forcing me to get a newer vehicle. I am pretty firm on the price, it can just sit in the driveway as a back up for when the new car breaks down:)
The car is platinum grey, email me for pics. The site wont let me attach them for some reason. Snizzbob@att.net

Last edited: