Clutch bleed screw???

powerskid99

TDI
2000 Jetta
Can someone help me out as to where the bleed screw is for the clutch? I did my brake fluid flush and was told to do the clutch too but could not find it. A picture would be worth a thousand words. I did do a search and found nothing. Thanks in advance.

dqa

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP: 1999½ New Golf GL TDI satin silver
I did this a few weeks ago. Had a heck of a time finding the screw - just kept feeling around, following tubing and so forth, until I finally found the rubber cap. It's at least half a foot below the right edge of the air filter box, and points to the rear. Doing it in the daylight also helps.

However, since you want pictures,
GE Willie rides again

It's a pain in the rear to fit an 11mm deep socket ratchet in there, and even more of a pain to use a box or open end wrench there. I ended up going to Lowes for a ratcheting 11mm box wrench, which worked great.

The other thing I learned was that it worked better to run the hose back and downward behind the front left wheel, rather than looping it up to my Mity-Vac. And simple gravity did the trick just fine; I let it drip out onto a big mass of paper towels, no need to suck it with the Mity-Vac. Just keep the reservoir topped off.

Good luck.